The four cabins and yurt offer a westward view of the shore of Armstrong Lake. Armstrong Lake, a 382-acre lake located 10 miles west of Ely, Minnesota. In addition to the recreational and educational opportunities available in Ely, Wilderness Wind offers day trips into the Boundary Waters.
The yurt and each cabin has a combined kitchen/dining area with a stove, refrigerator/ freezer and cooking and eating utensils (see list of cabin furnishings). Cabins also have cold running water into the kitchens. Hot water and showers are within walking distance at the wheelchair-accessible bathhouse.
Reservations for our cabins and the Yurt can be made on VRBO.com or Airbnb. Click on the following links to get to a description of each cabin and the yurt (VRBO reservation link from there): Cabins, Yurt
The Gathering Place
The Gathering Place offers an indoor space for families and larger groups to gather for meetings, games or to share a meal. We are grateful for all the volunteers and donors who contributed toward this memorial to Mike Hofkamp. We worked to incorporate Mike’s appreciation for third world cultures, simplicity and the importance of relationships into the building.
Click on the links below for additional information:
- Frequently Asked Questions: If you’re asking, some one else probably has too
- What is a Yurt?: and why WIlderness Wind built one
- Day Trip Information: possible routes, costs, etc.
- Lakeside Map: (pdf version) (note: cabin names have changed – they are now Loon, Bear, Moose, Wolf)
- Complete List of Cabin Furnishings (pdf version)
- Pet Policy (pdf version)